hpmc rdp used in Cement Render & Plaster EIFS & ETICS
JINJI® HPMC has different properties that make it effective and preferred for EIFS&ETICS.
Thermal insulation board system, generally including ETICS (EIFS) (External Thermal Insulation Composite System / Exterior Insulation Finish System),in order to save cost of heating or cooling power, a good bonding mortar needs to have: easy to mix, easy to operate, non-stick knife; Good anti-hanging effect; Good initial adhesion and other characteristics. The plaster mortar needs to have: easy to stir, easy to spread, non-stick knife, long development time, good wet ability for the net cloth, not easy to cover and other characteristics. The above requirements can be achieved by adding suitable cellulose ether products like Hydroxypropyl Methyl Cellulose (HPMC) to the mortar.
Our HPMC cellulose products and RDP product provide the following improvements to EIFS:
• Improved adhesive strength and flexibility: cellulose have good thickening performance and lubricity, which can improved the adhesive strength and flexibility of EIFS adhesive.
• Enhanced water retention and extended working time: substantially reduce the loss of water into absorbing substrates in formulations. The water retention ability of cellulose also strongly enhances the adhesion strength of EIFS adhesives. This is because the binders have enough time for hydration and at the same time do not lose water.
• Optimized product consistency and rheology: cellulose are vital key to adjust suitable consistency in fresh mortars. Suitable consistency enables fresh plaster to attach well on walls as well as to make surfaces smooth and be applied easily without the feeling of stickiness. The aqueous solution of MelaColl is a non-Newtonian system, and the properties of its solution are called thixotropy.
• Improved hydrophobicity: After add the cellulose, the hydrophobicity of EIFS have improved, waterproofing effect is significantly increased.
• Improved workability: Better leveling and reduced stickiness of cellulose can be applied easily to EIFS adhesives, which easy to operate and construction, and can significantly improve the construction efficiency.
• Improve coating performance with excellent early strength: cellulose combine the cohesion of polymer materials and the durability of inorganic materials. They can ensure the early strength of the mortar and other essential properties needed to EIFS and new construction.
• Good water resistance, good compatibility with general products: cellulose substantially reduces the loss of water into absorbing substrates in formulations. The water retention ability of cellulose also strongly enhances the adhesion strength of EIFS adhesives. This is because the binders have enough time for hydration and at the same time do not lose water.
• Exhibit high strength, strong adhesion, and alkali resistance: cellulose has good retention, thickening property, Stable chemical properties effectively resist alkali attack.